- Fox News host Steve Hilton accused his colleague Marie Harf of personally covering up corruption by the Bidens and John Kerry in a heated exchange on the talk show Outnumbered on Monday.
- “The only real corruption allegations are against Joe Biden,” said Hilton, but also accused former Secretary of State John Kerry of “channeling money to Ukraine.”
- When Harf interjected to say that “there is no evidence for what you just said,” Hilton accused her of being complicit in “covering up the corruption”.
- The panel’s conversation centered around the complicated scandal around Ukrainian gas company Burisma holdings with ties to former Vice President Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden.
- Harf is a political commentator at Fox News but previously worked at the State Department under the Obama Administration.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Fox News host Steve Hilton accused his colleague Marie Harf of personally covering up corruption by the Bidens in a heated live exchange on Monday.
Hilton accused Harf live on air of being complicit in alleged corruption by the Bidens for asking him to provide evidence of it during a discussion on the show “Outnumbered.”
Harf is a political commentator at Fox News. She joined the network after working at the State Department under the Obama Administration.
The panel’s conversation centered around the scandal around Ukrainian gas company Burisma holdings, where Biden’s son Hunter used to be a board member.
During the talk show, Hilton alleged that Biden and former Secretary of State John Kerry should both be under investigation for channeling US taxpayer money to Ukraine.
After Harf interjected, the two continued arguing until the network cut to a news conference with Rep. Adam Schiff instead.
Here is the exchange:
Hilton: [After a monologue calling for Kerry and Biden to be investigated] All of that needs to be investigated. John Kerry’s corruption—
Harf: There is no evidence for anything that you just said
Hilton: There is, the facts that I’ve just laid out is th evidence
Harf: Steve I used to work at the State Department then—
Hilton: So you’re covering up the corruption too then, you defend it.
Harf: Are you kidding me? Steve I’m on this couch with you talking about the news, please don’t accuse me of covering something up.
Hilton: Yes you are you said there was no evidence I’ve just given you the evidence
Harf: I was there and there is no evidence!
Hilton: The money went from the US taxpayer to Burisma…
[The segment cuts to a live feed of Rep. Adam Schiff giving a statement.]
The full exchange is in the video below at around 22 minutes.
The panel’s conversation centered around the recent whistleblower complaint, which began a political firestorm over a phone call on July 25 between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.
During the call, Trump urged Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden. Concerns over the exchange triggered an ongoing impeachment inquiry against Trump in Congress.